Monday, April 26, 2010

Cambodian Vegetable Stew



As resquested, here is one my Oriental soups... sorry for the delay!! It has been a while, so I don't remember exactly which vegetables I included, they can vary as you wish :)

Ingredients:
- Regular ginger
- Orange ginger (I bought it in Thailand and it dies my hands yellow everytime I use it, but I don't know the name of it!)
- tumeric powder
- Paprika
- Kaffir lime leaves
- Lemon grass
- 2 cans of coconut milk
- 2 cups of water
- 2 eggplants (cut into cubes)
- 2 zucchini or squash (cut into cubes)
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- Mushrooms
- salt and pepper

Preparation:
Put the 1st six ingredients along with the coconut milk and water into a blender and puree well. Put the eggplant in a large pot, pour the coconut mix over it, cover and cook for 10 min. Add the zucchini or squash, cover and cook until vegetables are tender.
Add the spinach, mushrooms and season well. Cook just until spinach is brightly green and wilted. You can serve it over brown rice.

BUEN PROVECHO =)

Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment