Thursday, March 4, 2010

Basil Pesto Chicken and Veggies


My meals are going to focus on lean meats and a variety of vegetables for the next 3-5 months. I am working on eating the least amount of sugar, yeast, fungus (mushrooms), and mold (dairy) as possible because I think they are contributing to a yeast imbalance which is compromising my immune system due to an over use of antibiotics. After spring break, I’ll be going on a very strict diet for at least of month, after which will be working in a variety of food slowly into my diet. I’ll go into more details, as we get closer to that time. But I figure it doesn’t hurt to work on achieving the goals of that temporarily restrictive diet because it is healthy and it will show me that I can do it.

Ingredients:
Chicken
Garlic
Artichoke hearts
Yellow Onion
Eggplant
Sun-dried Tomatoes
Raw Cashews
Olive Oil
Basil Based Pesto

Directions:
1. Slice everything into bite size pieces.
2. Add a little olive oil to the pan
3. Add garlic for about 30 seconds, until you smell it
4. Add chicken, let cook about 2-3 minutes with garlic
5. Add eggplant, let cook about 1-2 minutes
6. Add onion, let cook about 2-3 minutes
7. Add, artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes, let cook about 2-3 minutes
8. Add Basil Based Pesto and Cashews, let cook for about 1-2 minutes

You may add rice or pasta to the meal or it may be served on its own.

Enjoy! Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment