Monday, February 8, 2010

Garlic Chicken Stirfry


Simplicity.

Busy day. Busy mind. Busy.

A stirfry is my fall-back meal. I can zone out and enjoy the simplicity of it.
For me there is something wonderful about eating it hot out of the pan.
I have cooked the chicken with garlic but the veg is left raw for you. My personal preference is to keep the vegetables on the crunchy side. As a reheated dish you don’t get the same effect.
So, everything is ready to go into the pan at home. I have included a couple of cloves of garlic. If you don’t have a garlic press, simply crush the garlic with the side of your knife blade then mince. With a small amount of olive oil, heat garlic till soft then add vegetables into the pan. Some people prefer to cook with chicken broth. Alternatives include soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, oyster sauce, or whatever you are in the mood for. You can make a sauce at home with garlic, ginger, broth and soy sauce thickened with flour or cornstarch. At home I usually flavor the dish with just garlic and salt and pepper. For a heartier meal you can serve this on top of a bed of rice.

Garlic…it is known as nature’s healing drug. The benefits are literally endless; everything from increasing the immune system to cancer prevention. As a side note, about a year and a half ago, I got an “abnormal” pap. That was really scary. I asked what I could do about it and the response was, “Nothing. Come back and have it tested again in 6 months”.
That wasn’t enough for me.
Never underestimate the power of your body and mind. I focused on increasing my immune system. But the part that I really want to share involves…GARLIC. So, if you ever get an abnormal pap (it is common) come see me and I’ll tell you what to do with the garlic! Everything was normal on my next visit :)

***Last night at yoga, Erin closed the session by reminding us to be grateful for what we have in our lives in order for new wonderful things to enter our lives. That gave me new perspective! In addition, I would like to add that in order to make room for the new, sometimes we also have to let go of the old. Simplify. The things that may have served a purpose at one time in our lives no longer benefit us. Clearing those things will also help us to appreciate what we have and then in turn invite new wonderful things!

Enjoy a delicious apple and Detox Yogi Tea (I love the mini messages on each bag.)

Simplify today.

Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment