Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tonight, We are Heading to Mexico! Well Tex-Mexico!


I know we went out for Mexican for Erin's birthday on Saturday, but if we can have salad's two to three times a week, I think we can handle another Tex-Mex meal almost a week later!
Tonight, I'm serving another dish I've never made before and I'm a little scared of this one, but it seems to be that way each week because I'm trying new meals on friends whom are expecting a healthy yummy meal and that can be intimidating.
I have to keep in mind that it is good to try new things and I've been doing that in two ways.
One, I've been trying meals from the other Cheffettes that I would have never made or ordered myself and with the exception of the beets in the last salad. I've LOVED everything so far. As far as the Beets are concerned. I did forced myself to eat them because Erin's vast health knowledge on the little guys made me feel guilty not eating them down.
The other I've been trying new things has been the adventure of trying to make new healthy foods I've never tried before. I'm taking food I normally love and putting a healthier spin on them and I think the more I do that, the more natural that will be come and more of a habit that will become.
So get out of Mariachi music and your sombrero hats because Shrimp Fajitas are being served tonight.

Ingredients:
Shrimp Fajitas
30-35 medium Raw deveined Shrimp
1.5 Yellow Peppers
1 Red Peppers
1 Yellow Onion
5 cloves of Garlic
Package of Organic low sodium Taco Seasoning
4 cups Organic Mexican Flavored Rice
1.5 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
2 cups Hot Organic Salsa

Fruit Salad
1/2 Pineapple
package of strawberries
1 seeded pomegranate

Directions:
Cook the shrimp in a wok like fry pan with a light sprinkle of olive oil and sliced garlic
Cut the onion and peppers into long strips and added to wok
Once Shrimp is pink and onion and peppers are soft, add the taco seasoning.
Cheese, Salsa, and Mexican Flavor Rice are served on the side, so whomever is eating the meal can decide what they want to add to the rest of the mixture.

Disfrute de su comida : Enjoy your food!

Recipe by Elizabeth Hickey

No comments:

Post a Comment